Through Support, Education and Awareness!
The Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Chapter Autism Society's mission is to improve the lives of all affected by autism through support, resources, and awareness.
The Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Chapter was started in 1982 by a group of parents who wanted to find support for their families, and provide support to other families facing the challenges of autism. Autism is a complex disorder that takes a toll on any family. While our chapter has changed over the years, our desire to support families who are affected has not changed. Our chapter provides support, access to resources, information, family fun events, and much more. Our goal is to come alongside families, and provide the support needed. All monies raised through our chapter stays right here in SW Michigan to support our chapter efforts.
What does our chapter offer?
- Support group meetings with informative speakers
- collaborate with local organizations
- Host family fun events
- provide educational workshops
- parent mentorships
- up-to-date information on Autism
- local resources for treatment on autism
- community trainings for Autism Awareness
- fund raisers to support our chapter
- Walk About Talk About Autism
- Serve on a committee
- become a member
- volunteer for events
Contact us today if you are interested in becoming more involved with our chapter.